Mandala Dance Guidelines:
1. We endeavor to cultivate a sacred environment. Please keep social and casual conversation outside the dance space. Feel free to remind others of this when they want to talk with you.
2. Be mindful of the available space around you and the need for each person’s sacred space.
You may need to adjust your dance to be safe. Please move interactions beyond focused movement to the side of the room for massage for example.
3. You are responsible for your own physical safety on the dance floor.
You are interacting with dancers of varied skill, ability and experience. Be aware of what is comfortable for your body while you dance. Communicate that to your dance partners and be attentive to what your partner(s) are expressing, which can happen all without words.
4. Listen to and respect your own boundaries.
The connection that we experience here is outside of societal norms for touch. Everyone has the right to break off contact with any body at any time without having to give a reason for why. Listen to yourself as much as possible and respect your own feelings. In addition, listen to your partner’s verbally or non-verbally expressed boundaries. We also ask that we consider the presence of children in the space and help to create a clear, safe environment for them.
5. The dance itself constantly changes and requires tuning in.
Observing the dance is a good way to participate in and support the space. It is also an excellent opportunity to learn. If you want to join a dance, watch and sense when or if there might be an opportunity to enter. You can always solo and switch partners as often as you wish. Remember, the floor is your first partner.
6. There is no right way to engage in Mandala Dance. It is a journey through self-expression into awakening! Explore and Co-Create! You can always ask one of the Mandala core team members for help.